[jawsscripts] Re: HSCDecodeHotspotColors

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 10:37:33 +1000

yep, so, you just activate the hotspot again, which presumably you've set to
an action of a left mouse click, then it wil click there, presumably if set
on the correct pixel,
cause a new color to be displayed there, then it should auto ask you, what
phrase would you like spoken when xxx xxx xxx color is found. and it'll keep
doing that, whenever you activate the hotspot, whilstever each click action
results in it finding a new color there it doesn't have an associated phrase
for.
is this not what's happening for you?
in answer to your secondary question about multiple colors, well, I'm not
sure I understand what your exactly asking/needing here, but the short
answer is, yes, the single vertical bar character, single not double mind
you,
can be used to separate RGB strings, particularly in the, "color=" field,
where color searches are being performed in situations where the spot might
move etc, and you wanna search for a particular colored pixel in a given
area or direction.
However, again, I'm not exactly sure
whether this would work in the hscDecodeHotSpotColor fields.
I haven't actually tested them that way, rather than leaving them as the
definition editor codes them, i.e. one line per color per  function/phrase.
I guess you could test it and let us all know, if it works with vertical bar
separators in those fields, but I can personally see no advantage of doing
that,
other than elegance/neatness of code. Am I missing something?

geoff c.