[jawsscripts] Re: HSCDecodeHotspotColors

  • From: "Geoff Chapman" <gch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 01:34:51 +1000

p.s. sorry, I didn't see the subject line properly and didn't really give
you the example code you wanted.

here's what it should look something like in the hsc definition:
in the below example, one of these RGB colors represents the phrase On, and
then same color is assigned to the function, with the F after it to denote
this, and the second color is likewise assigned.
But, this should've happened all automatically for you without your having
to manually type all this in, if you followed all the assign post processing
function prompts correctly.

function=HSCDecodeHotSpotColor
097078033=off
097078033f=HSDSayPhraseByColor
068040040=on
068040040f=HSDSayPhraseByColor

oh yeah, and also, insure that before you define your spot, your mouse is
actually over a pixel that really does change state, some background or
foreground pixels within the button, may not for example, even though the
sighted person may tell you the color has changed, you've got to make sure
your focused on a single pixel within the area, that really does alter.
You can move things down to single pixel movement, to help find one of
these, from it's default 3 pixel per altShiftArrow press, by going into
homeRow with insert+SpaceBar and using leftRight Arrrows to change the
default mouse movement.
let us know how you get on with this.