[jawsscripts] Re: Easier way of writing scripts

  • From: Jackie McBride <abletec@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:04:24 -0700

Andre, were it I, I think what I'd do is to use findString(), confirm
that the Jaws cursor is in the correct window, then perform a
left-click.

it looks something like:
SaveCursor()
JawsCursor()
RouteJawsToPc()
;start from top & look for specific text
if (FindString(GetAppMainWindow(GetCurrentWindow()),
"the-text-you're-looking-for", s_top, s_unrestricted)) then
;compares the class of the window you're in w/the class you're looking
for, case insensitive
if !(StringCompare(windowclass1, windowclass2, 0)) then
LeftButtonDown()
Endif
Endif
RestoreCursor()
PcCursor()

The findString() part may require some experimentation, e.g.,
sometimes the window to be searched needs to be modified, but often
GetAppMainWindow(GetCurrentWindow()) works. It may also be advisable
to put a delay() or pause() prior to the mouse-click.

Obviously, replace "the-text-you're-looking-for" w/the actual text.
That should actually compile so long as u make certain that each
statement is on 1 line, esp. that findString() 1, & that the gmail
didn't create any nonbreaking spaces or other weird characters.

BTW, that's not how I usually write these types of scripts (although I
do sometimes, esp. if control ID's are dynamic), but that may be the
easiest since the scripts are for your own use, you're a beginner, & u
wanna get the job done ASAP.

On 11/16/11, Andre Williams <andre.williams.1965@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Thank you for confirming this Jaws13 information. I'm reading the HotSpot
> clicker installation notes and can't find any reference to a specific
> version of jaws. It does state that this HotSpot clicker will run on windows
> 64 bit, so I'm assuming this documentation is fairly current.
>
> A-W

Blame the computer--why not? It can't defend itself & occasionally
might even be the culprit
Jackie McBride
Ask Me Computer Questions at: www.pcinquirer.com
Jaws Scripting training materials: www.screenreaderscripting.com