[jawsscripts] Does Jaws care about font?

  • From: "GianniP46" <giannip46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JawsScriptsList" <JawsScripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "BlindMathList" <BlindMath@xxxxxxxxxx>, "Freedomscientific" <Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 16:54:16 -0500

Hi all,
well, I am still having problems with some graphics in ScratchLive.  The
programmers want to know if Jaws cares about what font is used?  In the latest
beta build they switched from Helvetica Nueue to Helvetica, would this matter?
In the latest build I have lost a ton of accessibility and we are trying to
figure out if the font change is the culprit.  Can anyone give me some info to
share with them on what kind of graphics work well for jaws?  They are using
pixel images for there graphics.  Does this matter?  are there other properties
that can cause Jaws trouble in terms of seeing the graphic?
Thanks all, any help is greatly appreciated.
Gian Pedulla
GianniP46@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

LETS! GO! METS!