[jawsscripts] Creating a Frame

  • From: "Lilac" <lilac@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 22:51:12 -0400

Hello All,
This is my first post to this list,  and I hope it is okay to ask more about
creating frames with Jaws. I have been trying for hours to get a simple frame
to work, which will say the contents of a frame, namely the temperature on a
website, using  a keystroke. I have tried using shift control left bracket and
then shift control right bracket, and going through the create a frame dialogue
boxes, inserting  a key         shortcut, an event and action.  I have gone
through the materials in Jaws Help, including creating the sample frame they
give for the Glossary. I am indeed able to replicate the sample frame, however,
  I am truly baffled as to why it is not working when   it comes to reading the
temperature with a hot key.
One thing I noticed that  seemed odd was that when I tried resizing or moving
the frame with the context key in frame viewer, I did not get any info read
with the insert plus down arrow key   as I expected.  No matter how many times
I pressed the arrow keys to enlarge the frame, it still did not read any text
or give any position info. I did ensure that in control panel, display,
effects, the checkbox for  "show windows contents when dragging" is checked as
indicated in Jaws help. I have also tried inputting    different numbers
manually in the edit boxes of the position tab in order to change the   frame
position.
I am using Jaws 7.10 and Windows xp   home.

The website for which I am trying to create this little frame is:

http://text.www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/forecast/city_e.html?on-118&unit=m#cont

I would be very grateful if someone could tell me what I am doing wrong.

Donna