[jawsscripts] Re: Back to speaking restricted text

  • From: Steve Matzura <number6@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jawsscripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 15:34:52 -0400

Got trouble in River City with this one, Tony. Missed a right
parenthesis, not sure how you wanted to initialize a string, a
"RETURN" was in a weird place, and there's a missing ENDIF and I'm not
sure where you wanted it.  Bad lines are marked with a star.

>include "hjconst.jsh"
>include "HJGlobal.JSH"
>Include "common.jsm" ; message file
>
>Void Function NewTextEvent (handle hwnd, string buffer, int
>nAttributes,
>        int nTextColor, int nBackgroundColor, int nEcho, string
>sFrameName)
>
>; Speak the contents of the window whose ControlID is -222.
>; This is a non-highlighted, text-restricted window.
>
>var
>        string sClass,
>        handle hFocus,
>;added variable declaration on next line.
>String sText
>let hFocus = GetFocus()
>if hwnd != hFocus then
>if GetControlID(GetFocus()) == -222 then
>;adding a nested condition here to determine if the newly written text is
>;identical to the previously written text.
>;If it is, then it doesn't need to be spoken. Hopefully this will prevent
>;repeating.
*>      If sText == (GetWindowTextEx(hFocus,0,0) then
>               Return
>       Else
>               Say(GetWindowTextEx(hFocus,0,0),ot_help)
>                Return
>       EndIf
>;Set the sText variable for the next time.
*>      Let sText =                return