[jawsscripts] Re: BX Anomaly

  • From: Doug Lee <doug.lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Jim Bauer <holdsworthfan@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 13:31:34 -0400

Mostly off the top of my head, but this should work:

1.  Turn BX on with JAWSKey+Space.

2. Go to the BX Configuration map by typing apostrophe, then Ctrl+B.

3. Press J to open bx.jcf in Notepad.

4. Find the line that says something starting with ObjTrackMaxTicks=,
and change the number after the equal sign to -1.  That should disable
reporting of this sort.

If this doesn't help, or if you find the value is already -1, chances
are you're running an old enough JAWS version that the Windows
Calculator scripts still contain the bug of replacing the now built-in
JAWS StringCompare function with a different version, which breaks BX
and any other scripts that use that function.  The solution to that
one, I'm afraid, is to carefully rename StringCompare in your Windows
Calculator script files (that's "files," not just one file) to
something else, for both definition line and all calls to it.

Hth.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 11:51:44AM -0500, Jim Bauer wrote:
When the BX toolbox is installed and I press keys attached to scripts
in the Windows Calculator, the clipboard is overwritten with something
like the following:

Monday, June 22, 2009, 10:26:09, getObjectFromEvent warn:
Last script ClearButton, key Escape
Current script file Windows Calculator.JSB
Active application calc.exe, title Calculator
tc 0:
Window 7996678, class Edit, name , path  6.1
ObjID -4, childID 0
Returning childID 0
Returning object as integer: 0

This string is also spoken and is preceded by the string "log entry",
which is not copied. The state of BX has no affect on these log
messages. This behavior is presently exclusive to calc.exe.

Is there a quick fix, anything I need to do/should try, etc?

--
Doug Lee, Senior Accessibility Programmer
SSB BART Group - Accessibility-on-Demand