[jawsscripts] Accessing Silverlight apps with JAWS

  • From: Jamal Mazrui <empower@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: JAWSScripts@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:46:20 -0400 (EDT)

I have had no luck accessing Silverlight applets with JAWS in IE7.  Have
others?  An article on the web said that the section below needs to be
added to an ini file called fsdomsrv.ini.  I could not find
such a file in either the JAWS program or data directories, so
I created one and put it in the program directory and the All
Users directory.  Still no luck.

I have tried numerous Silverlight samples, including ones
based on managed JScript, IronPython, and IronRuby.  This is
Microsoft's primary approach to "rich Internet applications,"
and it claims that there is a bridge that translates the User
Automation API to MSAA, so that even assistive technologies
that do not yet support UIA will work if they support MSAA.

 I find it surprising and disturbing how inaccessible this platform seems
to be.  If anyone has any tips that I might have missed, please let us
know.

Jamal

[MS Silverlight Embedded in Internet Explorer using OBJECT Tag with type]
DLLName=SDomNodeMSAA
; TagNameMatch | ParamAndValueMatch
MappingFlags=96
Param=application/x-silverlight-2
TagName=OBJECT
StartString=Silverlight application start
EndString=Silverlight application end
ImplementationFlags=7
InteractionModeFlags=3