[jaws-uk] Re: what is the latest internet explorer

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Sep 2006 13:29:15 +0100

Just to clarify at present IE6.0 is current version 6.0.2900.2180.  IE7 is
currently in beta.  I would suggest that if you rely on your web browsing
capability to give this release a wide burth until it is officially released.
Also it will probably work after fashion in Jaws 7.10 but real work is underway
for future Jaws release to make it really work.  There are a lot of new
features in the new browser which may work imperfectly with current releases of
Jaws and other screen readers.  If you need or want better security and tabbed
browsing with Jaws 7.10 and 7.0 then Firefox is a plausable alternative.
Not sure presently when release for IE7.0 is scheduled, we are at RC1 at the
moment so we might get it as an early Chrimstmas present.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support