[jaws-uk] Re: version 11

  • From: Doris and Chris <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 15:00:19 -0500

you can download  installers for jaws versions going just about back
to Methusalah from the download section at

www.freedomscientific.com

Without proper authorization, any jaws installed will run in 40-minute mode.

At the end of the installation, jaws should ask you if you want it to
come up automatically, the default being set to "yes' on this choice.
So make sure you uncheck this option. you can change it later under
the "basic settings" of jaws's options.

Make sure that you assign your new version a hotkey different from
the one you are using for your current and default version of jaws.

Finally, if you are considering a jaws upgrade, remember if you are
currently using jaws 10, that while you can certainly install and use
jaws 11, you will need to buy  enough upgrades to bring you up to the
current jaws 13. So you may just want to give the demo of jaws 13 a
whirl because that will be the version you will actually be purchasing.

Finally, remember to also download and install the latest version of nvda from

www.nvda-project.org

While not the same as jaws, nvda has come a long way and you may find
it does most or all of what you need your screenreader to do.
And  the price tag is   a good one!

hth

Doris