[jaws-uk] Re: terminal services

  • From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Jaws US <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Blind Network list <blind-sysadmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:35:39 +0100

Hi,

There are multiple approaches to this:

You do need to have JFW installed on the servers you are going to use it on
with the Remote Desktop feature, but there are ways of making this more
appealing to the IT staff.

In ActiveDirectory, you can install the remote administration kit, which
installs all AD tools onto your local machine.  You then need to be assigned
the correct permissions in AD, but we do this all the time for the helpdesk
guys, to allow them to change passwords etc.  This is actually far more secure
than allowing connections to a server.

Not sure about the Citrix part, but if you do need to install JFW onto the
servers, I would advise installing it onto maybe one or two machines, which
have access to ActiveDirectory and Citrix remote consoles.

Hope this helps,
Andrew.