[jaws-uk] terminal services

  • From: "Brian Dalton" <brian_dalton@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws UK" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Jaws US" <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Blind Network list" <blind-sysadmins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 12:15:06 +0100

Hi,

Appologies for the cross posting,
I am a helpdesk analyst, using jaws version 10, supporting a number of users in
an Airline.

In my work, I am using many different applications. However, as a jaws user,
there are some that are restricting me from offering the kind of support that I
need to provide.

We use an application called active directory, to unlock user accounts, and
change passwords on a regular basis. My understanding is that, jaws is sitting
on my c drive on my pc, and the application is sitting on a server. So, when I
load up active directory, I get no speech from jaws.

I will shortly be using an application called ConsoleOne, to change citrix
passwords for users, and the same rules apply. Jaws is on my c drive, and the
application is on the server.
I have remote desktop for jaws, on my jaws licence.

Do I need to have jaws loaded on each server that I am trying to access through
terminal services? Or is it possible for me to do this at all.

Appologies for the long mail, all help would be appreciated.

Brian.