[jaws-uk] stopping jaws speaking application name

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 22:53:00 +0100

Hi everybody, I have been trying to find out how I can stop jaws speaking application name. I'll give you an example. I clicked on a link to an audio verification on a website. Before the audio had even started jaws, when opening windows media player said windows media player twice, by which point the audio I'd been listening for was half gone. How can I stop Jaws from announcingthe name of an application on opening.

 Hope someone has an answer,

                   John.