[jaws-uk] Re: removing stuff from the system tray?

  • From: "john coley" <johncoley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2009 21:04:03 -0000

MessageHi Johny, do the following:
1 applications key or control escape to open the start menu.
2. type r funtil you hear run. Press enter.
3. type msconfig and press enter.
4. shift tab to get onto the tabs. Arrow along till you hear startup tab. Press the tab key to get onto the start up page.
5. Arrow down through the list. You can uncheck items with the spacebar.
6. tab down till you reach the ok or apply button and press enter.
7. you will get a message saying that you must restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Press enter on ok to restart your computer. 8. when your computer reboots there will be a message to say you are in selective start up. when Jaws starts you can use the jaws cursor to locate the do not show this message or run selective start up check box. Use the spacebar to check it and press enter on the ok button.

As for things running at startup and things you can remove, leave things that are windows components, but apart from that, other than for anti virus you can remove most other things. A rule of thumb is that if there's something you're not sure about leave it.
              best of luck,
                   John.

----- Original Message ----- From: Johny Cassidy