[jaws-uk] Re: question about XLS files

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2011 20:35:57 -0000

Adrian,

Remember to select the data that you want to sort first and be aware that it
tends to sort the data in complete rows.  This is normally fine but, for
instance, if you have a second table to the right of the first, it may not
be what you want.

In the sorting dialogue box you get the chance to sort by up to 3 columns
and you can set each one to either be ascending or descending.

Another issue to keep an eye out for is whether you have a header row or not
- it's all pretty obvious once you get to the dialogue box for sorting but
it's quite an important detail to be aware of.

Finally, remember that you can always use the Control+Z keystroke to undo a
bungled sort to get you back to where you came from.

All the best,

Jamie