[jaws-uk] Re: out of office reply

  • From: "Barry Toner" <barry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:15:59 -0000

Out of office replies are coming from subscribers who use Microsoft outlook.

If you are in a business environment your email is typically handled on an
internal email server, using Microsoft Exchange.  So when people go away on
holiday they'll set their Out Of Office auto responder up to notify mainly
people who are contacting them for business purposes.

These users should strictly either unsubscribe or set vacation modes on all
email lists they are members of.  However, most don't which is why we get the
odd Out Of office.  Be assured though it's not just you getting them all of us
on the lists get them.

Regards,
Barry
List Admin