[jaws-uk] Re: out of office reply

  • From: "Val Brown" <valerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 13:35:16 -0000

Hi Ron, I can only think that the Out of office replies you are getting are
from list members who aren't active and contribute to the list and are
perhaps off on a long vacation.  Its easy to forget you've set an Out of
office when you return as, certainly on my computer in the office, I get no
prompt.  The only way I know I've not taken it off is when colleagues email
or phone and remind me.  I did this on a recent holiday to Australia.  It
was several days after I had returned when a colleague reminded me that if I
was still in Australia, who was that look alike sitting in my desk!  I think
I broke the speed limit in changing the status to "I am in the office".  If
they're annoying you to that extent, why not compose an email and send it to
them.  They could be grateful.

Best of luck

Val.

  _____