[jaws-uk] Re: jaws languages

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 09:05:47 +0100

In Jaws do the following:
1    Press insert+F2 to open managers list and select "configuration manager".
2    Press control+shift+D for "default" configuration.
3    Press alt+S for "set options" menu.
4    Arrow down to "text processing" and press enter.
5    Tab through to "detect languages" and uncheck it.
6    Tab to "OK" and press spacebar.
7    Press alt+F4 and then enter on the "yes" button to save the changes.
This isn't uninstalling the languages but has the effect of stopping Jaws from
switching which is much better if you suddenly decide to become polyglot.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support