[jaws-uk] how do I Transfer files using the settings packager.

  • From: "Angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 06:42:49 -0400

I am thinking rather seriously of moving from windows 98 to xp.  In fact I will
have both systems on one computer.  My question is this.  I have customized my
jaws 7 settings.  I have assigned sounds to events and marked frequently
visited web sites with most convenient place markers.  My question is how do I
save these sounds custom labels and place markers to put on my new operating
systems when I get my new computer.  I read the read me file in the settings
packager and it said I should export the files and they would be stored there
for future retrieval I assume.  Must I go in to the settings packager by
pressing f2 and saving all my custom settings myself and manually putting them
in the settings packager file.  I see no automatic way to do this.  There is no
export choice that I can see.  After they are assigned to whatever folder which
they are supposed to go, how then do I get them to the place where they should
be to cause them to work when I get my new system.  I have used the merge
feature for so long I am afraid I have forgotten how to reset a lot of my
schemes.

any help would be appreciated.