[jaws-uk] Help with a line of script, please

  • From: "keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Group" <Jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 11:23:28 +0100

Dear all,

Jaws 610, DigiTV

Could someone please help me with writing a line in a script.

I should say that I have basic knowledge of scriptwriting, but I am by no
means an expert.

What I am attempting to do is reach an open file dialog box, and then type
in a string of text, representing the folder that contains the file I wish
to open.

The normal Control O doesn't work in the DigiTV program.

I am able with my script to get to the Open File dialog, but my difficulty
comes when trying to incorporate the string of text.

I have files stored in the folder:

g:\nebula recordings.

When I use Typestring, and then type g:\nebula recordings\\, and then run
the script, Jaws inserts a grauve at the beginning of the string typed.

Whatever I do, I can't get rid of this.

If I then try putting each character in the string within {left and right
braces, the colon comes out as a number sign.

If someone could let me have a line to incorporate in my script, I'd be very
grateful.

Many thanks.

With best wishes,

Keith