[jaws-uk] Re: changing the numbers of characters per line in a document file

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Nov 2013 11:37:59 -0000

HiAdrian,

You don't say which programme you are using so it would be difficult to give
exact instructions but, in general, there are several reasons that this
might have happened.

Firstly you might have increased the font size which would mean there are
fewer characters on each line.  Secondly, you might have changed the margin
settings so there is less space available on each line.  A third option
might be that you have accidentally inserted additional space characters or
tab characters, both of which would not be spoken by Jaws unless you go
along the line character at a time.

I'd start with these ideas first and check through all your text carefully.
Insert+F is a good keystroke for checking the attributes of any character.

All the best,

Jamie