[jaws-uk] changing the language in Jaws 17 from US to UK English

  • From: "Alexander Shannon" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "alexander.shannon" for DMARC)
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 14:28:42 -0000

Hi all,

As a result of a recent post to this list, I have just downloaded Jaws 17 to
my HP desktop running Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.

I understand from an earlier post to this list that settings will not be
carried over from Jaws 16 so have kept that installed as a backup. However,
I notice that because I installed version 17 from the freedom Scientific
website, I can't find a method for changing the primary language to UK
English. Jaws 17 seems to be wanting to speak in US English, certainly
when using the eloquence synthesizer. I'll try changing synths and see what
happens, but I would be interested to know, either from list members, (or
from Sight and Sound Tech support, to whom I have copied this message),
whether I can change the language to UK English.

Alexander Shannon