[jaws-uk] Re: Wireless.Belkins

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 08:44:28 +0100

The 'G' means your router supports the 802.11G protocol, which is about 5 t=
imes faster than the 802.11B protocol for data transfer between devices.=20

When someone sends you an Email, it is put into  a 'Mailbox' which is on a =
computer called an Email Server,operated by your Internet Service Provider =
(ISP), in your case Freeserve which has now rebranded itself as WannaDo.  B=
oth your Desktop and Laptop computers are set up to link to your mailbox an=
d when you Send/Receive Emails from either of these computers, the contents=
 of the mailbox are downloaded to whichever computer you are using at the t=
ime and then the Email Server copies of the Emails are deleted.  So if you =
use the desktop computer to download Emails from your ISP, the mailbox will=
 be emptied, hence you cannot then get the same Emails onto your Laptop.   =
=20

You should not need an electrician to set up your modem/router.  You will j=
ust need sighted help to ensure the correct cables are put into the correct=
 sockets.

Cheers
Chris