[jaws-uk] Windows Media Player

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "JAWS Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:56:41 +0100

All
Some help with WMP please.

I find many of the functions of this programme are not available through the
menus, and can only be found by interminable tabbing around the screen. As
much of it seems to have graphics, I have to listen to Jaws saying graphic,
number, then the function.

Question 1 - is there a simpler way to navigate and get what I need from WMP?

Most recently I have been trying to copy CDs, for my own use only.  I have been
able to rip easily enough.  But to burn, I seem to need to make a playlist,
then burn that.  The help file says to make a playlist, drag the tracks from
the library to the new playlist.  But I cannot get the Jaws cursor to read
the track names, and there is no keystroke when in the PC cursor to do this for
me.

Question 2 - How do I get the tracks in to a playlist?

I think burning a list is relatively simple once I have it in the library.

Question 3 - Am I missing something fundamental that should make WMP as simple
to use as all other supported Windows packages?

I have never used WMP much, but I am sure it was easier before the most recent
upgrade.  Are others having any difficulties, and have you found ways round
them?

Thanks,

Ken