[jaws-uk] Re: Windows 8

  • From: "Jamie Cuthbertson" <jamie.cuthbertson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 20:38:17 +0100

Hi Ken,

A reasonable starting point might be:

http://vip.chowo.co.uk/jaws-guides/

If you jump down the page by headings you will get to the Windows 8 section
and then you can download whichever guides you want.

Actually, once you ignore the start screen and just use it as a search tool,
Windows8 is a lot like other versions of Windows for a keyboard user - I
think sighted folk have more difficulty than us when it comes to converting
over!

As far as Office 2013 is concerned, there are obviously going to be
differences with earlier versions but not too much from Office 2010. If you
contact me off list, I can give you copies of some shortcut documents that I
made up some time ago. They won't be great but might be a starting point at
least.

Cheers,

Jamie