[jaws-uk] Re: What Jaws will work with today

  • From: TIDDYogg <oggy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 07:07:12 +0000

Dorothy,  it's Jaws for *Windows*.
The Mac is not windows. It has it's own built in speech system, but how good that is, I don't know.

Dorothy Ingram-Gorban wrote:
Hallo and Happy New year. Can  anyone tell me for certain just what Jaws
will not work with? I may have dreamed it but I think once upon a dreamtime
Tristram mentioned AppleMac. will Jaws work with a Mac? Will Kurzweil? If
not why not?
surely in this day and age  2 good products should work with  well known
computers?

Re anti-virus, I get a bit confused between the roles of the Anti-virus and Spam blockers, does not a good anti-virus take care of all issues? If you are using a Wireless Router wont you have protection in the Router? also what about Windows Own Firewall, do you have them all running? I have bought
Kaspersky and find it worth every penny  wouldn't use Norton, orMakafee

Used AVG for over a year it was Ok but I think it slowed the system down a bit, I often couldn't understand it either this "something bad happened" was
depressing since I could never get at the 'something bad!

Dorothy
MacAfee