[jaws-uk] Re: Voice over IP tel systems?

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 14:50:16 +0100

Hi,
The only thing you can configure with telnet/SSH/hyperterminal is the voice
gateway which connects the IP based system to the ISDN box.  This uses a subset
of the IOS operating system.

The Call Managers are running Windows and are configured via the HTTP
interface, and the virtual attendant connects to the call managers (this is a
standallone application which is installed but is basically a set of Java
files).

As I am not really an expert in this area (just configure it if something is
amis), I would contact someone who may have had prior experience of supporting
a VI person in such a role.  Who knows, they may be able to contact Cisco and
try and get something sorted out.

Also our system here may be completely different to your system, so who knows.

Andrew.