[jaws-uk] Re: Video cards and Graphics Cards

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 16:32:00 -0000

thank you George I had heard of Firmware but did not know it was inside the Card, thought it was a general term for things not software. Well I can only guess that modern computers have more memory so independent Video cards are not important. Having said that my little Toshiba had a disgraceful 256 of Ram, which I upped to 1 Mb same on Desktop. drivers though George are tricky things at times getting the latest may seem obvious but it can be that the one earlier is better,the risk is fiddling around with them all. Incidentally I did not see a Blue screen, just a Reload, I suppose Modern computers do that, heard something once about "Blue screen of death , or similar Dorothy ----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>