[jaws-uk] Re: URGENT: Restoring JAWS

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jul 2010 14:27:23 +0100

Most likely it will have to be reactivated as it's a new hard drive.

Signed by Chris Hallsworth
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 10/07/2010 14:02, Robert Cummings wrote:
Hello,

I have recently had to take my SamSung notebook back to a local computer
shop because it was not starting correctly and was being rather
sluggish. After examining the computer, they determined that the Hard
Drive needed to be replaced; luckily, since the laptop was just about
useable, they were able to create an image of the drive. The laptop was
sent off to SamSung to have a new hard drive fitted.

Today, we called the computer shop to find out that it has arrived back
and that they were in the process of reloading the image; so i'll
probably get it back later today. What I need to know is, what sort of
state will JAWS be in if it has been restored from an image? Will it
need to be re-installed because the video drivers have been removed?
Will it need to be re-activated because of the new hard drive?

Thanks,

Add me on Skype: robbiec12345

Robert (message sent from BrailleNote Apex)

---

E-Mail: robert.cummings760@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MSN/Windows Live Messenger: robert.cummings760@xxxxxxxxxx

AOL Instant Messenger (AIM): robbiec12345@xxxxxxx