[jaws-uk] Rich text files

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:03:35 +0100

Susie,

I wonder if the person who created the file has put a text box in the middle of
the document?  This would be the shape you are aware of.  I find that in Word,
text boxes can be difficult to read.  In say all mode, sometimes they are
skipped completely, sometimes I get a bit of it.  Navigating back to read the
content more slowly, line at a time, is also difficult, as Jaws will just skip
the box.  I find this happens in both RTF and DOC files.

It might help to save as TXT , which strips out all fancy formatting.  Worth a
try anyway.  Failing that, go back to the originator and ask for the file
without fancy formatting functions.

Hope this helps.

Ken