[jaws-uk] Re: ~Question about Vista

  • From: Andrew Hodgson <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 19:29:31 +0000

Hi,

Yes some machines now are coming with Vista 64-bit.  I think you need to find
out the manufacturer of the machine (home built, or purchased from a store) to
find out the best way of moving to the 32-bit version or downgrading to XP.
The former is the most likely in my experience; it is difficult to get XP
drivers for some hardware now, especially from some of the big names like Dell,
HP etc.

There is a 64-bit beta of JFW I believe, not sure how stable this is currently.

Thanks.
Andrew.