[jaws-uk] Re: Putting record collection onto hardrive

  • From: "Peter Hallam" <peter.hallam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2008 10:48:46 -0000

Hello Steve,

I haven't seen any answer to your query yet so am replying here, yes if your
friend has a hi-fi system with a tape loop it can easily be connected to a
computer's sound card, if there is no tape loop then probably the best solution
would be a USB turntable.

If the hi-fi can be connected directly into the computer, there are several
programs which will record, the CD extraction program CDEx has a recording tool
which is very easy to use, and the program is freely available from
http://www.whitestick.co.uk or http://www.jfwlite.com amongst other places.

Hope this helps,

Pete H.