[jaws-uk] Re: Problems with Jaws 6.1

  • From: <tim.pennick@xxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:00:10 +0100

Hi Joan,

I was surprised to hear about this problem, because for me, so far, 6.10 seems
to be a good release.  There are several problems that had cropped up in 6.0,
which seem to have disappeared, and I haven't yet found any new ones.  I'm
usually fairly sceptical about new releases of JAWS, so was pleasantly
surprised by this one.

It may be worth re-installing version 6.10, but not making this your default
version.  This way you could try it out, and if you get the same problems,
reporting them to support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, who seem to be a lot more
on-the-ball than they used to be.
If
 you have several versions of JAWS installed you can choose which one comes up
when you restart the computer, by starting that version of JAWS from the
desktop and then going into options->basics, and checking the 'automatically
start JAWS' box for that version.  Don't try this if you're not confident about
any of the steps involved.

Regards,
Tim