[jaws-uk] Problem: JAWS not Accepting Certain On-the-fly Option Changes

  • From: "John Burling" <j.burling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 09:09:59 -0000

Hi. I'm using JAWS v12.0.512 with Windows XP SP3.

  I'm unable to change some JAWS settings on the fly via the Adjust JAWS
Options dialog when editing source code within Visual Studio 2005 SP1
  For example, I hit Insert+V, change Indentation to indicate, and click close.
When I navigate through the code, indentation is still ignored, and if I do
Insert+V again, Indentation is shown as ignore.

  I've also tried the above using JAWS 9 and 11, with the same results.

  On a more general note, one of my frustrations with JAWS is its bugginess,
but I've wasted a lot of time in the past reporting bugs to no avail. What have
people found is the best way to get FS to investigate/fix defects? Is it worth
making the effort?

  Many thanks for any help.

  John