[jaws-uk] Re: Please check out a website?

  • From: "John Burling" <j.burling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 20:14:53 -0000

Hi. I feel it is legitimate, and helpful, when someone points out that
another screenreader is able to cope with a page that JAWS can't handle.

I encountered the problem Robin describes when clicking on the Ice Grips
link with JAWS 12 build 522. Not only that, but I was then unable to display
the original page by clicking the Back button. Even exiting and re-running
JAWS didn't help. The only way to restore normal operation was to close and
re-open Internet Explorer.

This appears to be a specific example of a much more general problem with
JAWS which happens pretty regularly for me. Basically, in certain
situations, the virtual buffer becomes empty, even though exploration with
the JAWS cursor confirms that the page is in fact being displayed. Neither
the JAWS refresh nor the Internet Explorer refresh will restore the
situation, and I have to re-run IE.

I really do wish that the next JAWS release would concentrate solely on
stability improvements and bug fixes.

Cheers.

John

  _____