[jaws-uk] Outlook Express problems explained

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 16:57:27 -0000

Dear List
Please bear with me  I am trying to  type from notes made   on  tape  that
I am told  is the cause of all the Odd things that have happened to   me
using Outlook Express.
The person who told me researched it he said on the MS Knowledge Base.
at times  all the contents of my Emails have  vanished  they look normal on
the outside but are  empty  inside, I mean all  emails  those arriving those
held in subfolders  in all   some thousands  by now .

also the Recycle Bin doing a continual  back up  not acting  like a normal
recycle Bin.

The reason is said to be this.  "the problem occurs when the total amount
of memory used by all files  exceeds    the amount of approx 1 GB  or when
there  are more than  2000 messages appear to be able to cope . That is  the
substance of it However he went on to say in a within folders  dbx  does
not appear any 1  folder . the indexing used within folders
 It seems there is a Published  solution on the Microsoft Website .   other
than system restore , which is what I have been doing. the  other solution
is to   delete  internet Temporary  files..

Well I am guilty  of keeping  all Emails and making subfolders  in outlook
express, and  I do have well over 2000 emails in some  folders  the sent
Items  list  goes back a couple of years for example  the Jaws list I do not
read and delete , I fear  I have not  burned them onto Cd . I know I could
get rid of a lot, but some of us  throw things away and others find the
minute we do we wish we had not. so  if any one of you is clever enough to
find  what  this person told me on the Ms Website can you let me have it
please ? Meanwhile  I had better get deleting and burning to cd. sorry  not
to have explained this well   Just doing my best.
See I forgot to say more than 2000  in any  one folder .

Dorothy
Ps  also was mentioned the word Indexing .b the Researcher y