[jaws-uk] Re: Outlook Calender

  • From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2006 12:42:46 +0100

This is an interesting one, and actualy, the reason this happens is that,
when you use UK settings within Windows, the days of the week for the
Outlook 2003 calendar are not exposed to MSAA.  But if you switch to US
English, guess what, the days of the week are exposed to MSAA.  Strange.
This meant that Freedom Scientific needed to use screen-based information
rather than MSAA to capture the data.

This is usually resolved by ensuring that the display settings within the
control panel are in line with those described in the jaws help system.  If
you don't know what these are, please let me know.

Brian Hartgen