[jaws-uk] Messenger service

  • From: "Ken Reid" <ken.reid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws Users" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 10:39:48 -0000

All,

This is the last for now.  Since rebuilding, I have been getting a regular pop
up window saying -

Messenger service

Message from local system to user on date and time.

Critical error message - registry damaged and corrupted.

To fix this error:

Open internet explorer and type: www/registerycleanup.com

Once you open the web page, close this window.

After you install the clean up program you will not receive any more reminders
or pop ups like this.

Visit www/registerycleanups.com immediately.

OK

End of window.

I know this is almost certainly malicious, so have been closing the window each
time it appears with alt f4.  But how do I stop it coming back?

Since rebuilding, I have been running Norton Internet Security, and it is fully
updated.

Again, any help will be welcomed.

Many thanks,

Ken