[jaws-uk] Re: Jaws with an external device

  • From: "keith" <keith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 20:52:20 -0000

Dear Andrew,

Many thanks for your reply.

When I upgraded my computer much earlier in the year, I just knew that Jaws
would throw a wobbly, and it sure did. I e-mailed Dennis at S&S, and he
confirmed that Jaws wouldn't recognise my new hardware configuration.

I had to re-register, and fortunately I had a life left.

Before installing this new back-up hard drive, I e-mailed Dennis at S&S, and
asked if I'd have the same problem. He confirmed that it would be so. But to
make sure I had a life left, he authorised this with FS.

Sure enough, when I booted up with this new hard drive attached, Jaws
dutifully told me I was in 40-minute mode, and did I wish to register. I saw
no alternative, so downloaded another life.

But, as mentioned in my earlier note, the whole purpose of this new hard
drive is that it is portable, and my computer should be able to be used with
or without it.

I really think this new system is pretty awful, although I guess I can see
no alternative. Mind you, a friend tells me there is no such registration
with Window Eyes.

I'll try what George suggests, and boot up without the external disk at a
time when I can definitely get in touch.

With very best wishes,

Keith