[jaws-uk] Jaws users reformat yearly

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 16:34:50 +0100

 Hi List, I would like to explain a little I did have my laptop reformatted in
December mainly because  my former ISp Freeserve hung around in Outlook express
it was imbedded  and whilst said to be cosmetic I did not  want it. regarding
my Desktop I do have an External self powered Hard Drive which does a daily
back up at 6 pm. I did have a new Hardrive in 2006 due to failure of  the one I
had it was  18 months old George said they should last 5 years. the real
disaster took place due to the  Viglen Engineers putting Xp Professional on my
Home Desktop
 and I  not knowing, but couldn't register Jaws  since it was Jaws Home after
this  3 Engineers made a mess of putting it right 4 if you count a  local
company, even a Rnib volunteer couldn't understand so I had to have the new
Hardrive reformatted by a friend on this list who from a distance never having
seen my pc said Ghosting is no good it is Copying send the lot to me and I will
have a  go Please understand I am alone and kept buying higher versionsof Jaws
thinking the Floppy Disk was burnt out and if several Engineers made a mess of
it well be warned to add an extra warning one thing was very hard and that was
the interceptor  that only got fixed this year, it was the interceptor for
Lunar. Hope this may clarify a little Dorothy.