[jaws-uk] JAWS AND COLUMN IDENTIFICATION

  • From: "Val Brown" <valerie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jaws-uk'" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'jaws-uk'" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:08:31 +0100

Hi Listers, forgive me if I ramble about this one but . . .

In a very early version (I think perhaps 3 or 4) there was a feature which
would identify columns and say the column number as you swopped.  I have
just merged settings with each new release of JAWS so it still works
wonderfully i.e. Col 1, etc. etc.

Having said that, that's what happens with my office machine.

As I never switched the feature on for my home computer, I now need it but
can't find any reference to it.  I know I can put it on through the Insert V
facility but, being me, I want it there whenever I do a table.

Poor Will at S & S Tech Support has spent time looking but can't find
anything.  Stop me pulling my hair out any more, you older JAWS users and
put me out of my misery by reminding me how to put column identification on
permanently.  I hope I don't have to go back right to the early versions as
I had a clear out and "recycled" the disks.

Regards

Al.

JPEG image

GIF image