[jaws-uk] Inclusive education, challenges and barriers.

  • From: "Mostafa" <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <"Undisclosed-Recipient:;"@freelists.org>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 07:06:00 +0200

Hello.
I hope you all are keeping really well.

Inclusive education is the total or the partial comprehension of students with
special needs in the public education arena.

And that includes the following categories.

1; Autism. Autism is the commonly major classification of students with special
needs.

Technically, it is defined as the deficiency of proper communication with the
regular society, and that caused by miscommunication disorder.

It is a mental disability.

2; Dyslexia. dyslexia is the reading impairment.

Some students are having difficulty to cope with reading, they are
alternatively defined as Sllow Learners.

It is a common mental disorder, and it requires further educational efforts to
accomplish a task.

3; Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder.

Those students are mentally irregular, and their mentality is effected by
attention and concentration disorder.

They are constantly inattentive, easily distracted, and frequently to get hyper.

They demand specific instructions, and sometimes, they may demand further
efforts to accomplish a task as students with Dyslexia.

Finally, Down syndrome.

Down syndrome is the congenital disorder caused by having an extra 21st
chromosome; results in a flat face, short stature and mental retardation.

 Down syndrome are mentally disrupted, and they may cause troubles.

Thus, they may require private residential care.

Please note, I am not specialized in defining these special needs categories.
Therefore, I may unintentionally define something inaccurately.

Please, you may correct any inaccurate definitions, although I obtain my
information from relatively authenticated sources.

Of course, there are other mental and physical disabilities.

But these are the most difficult categories of learning with special needs.

Autism, Dyslexia, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and Down syndrome.

These categories are the most challenging ones to deal with.

They require  special therapy and intensive vocational programs  to treat them
properly.

As for the inclusive education to the categories I just listed above, they are
mostly recognized in western countries.

Such as Europe and North America.

They also are recognized in wealthy Arab countries, such as; United Arab
Emirates and Saudia Arabia.

   But the problem in countries like Egypt is crystal clear.

We here in Egypt, are lacking the most basic humanrights for such children.

Their parents are not thoroughly  informed, and thus, they might be skeptic of
enrolling their children in anytype of inclusive education.

There should be a persistently defiant inclination to the broadly influenced
skepticism of children with special needs here in Egypt.

Supposedly, one of the revolution objectives is to reform the longstanding
social justice asperity.

But it seems to me, that it will take much longer than what we expected to
ultimately get the situation resolved.

Even in private schools here in Egypt, they extraordinarily charge the parents
of children with special needs to get their kids enrolled, whilst bearing in
your mind, that there isn’t any  competent vocational programs provided for
these children.

Many of private schooling proprietors have made a tremendous profit from taking
advantage of the situation.

And you may also bear in mind, that those people are the ones who able to pay
for private/expensive school enrollments.

But, what about those who can’t afford such private schools?

Well, they probably will keep their children at home, because they can’t afford
paying for private residential care either.

I know what I am talking about, because my mother has an experience working in
the field of teaching/assisting children with special needs in the private
schools of Egypt.

These schools which requires the double tuition fees from the parents of
children with special needs, whilst the expected consequence of that extra
payment is not attained.

I apologize for disturbing you with such unfortunate circumstance.

But, I would much prefer to confront the problems rather than fleeing.

This is the way I comprehend the revolution spirit.

It is not sufficient to focus the revolutionary commitment on just our
political and  economical  crisis.

But equally, or even, more importantly, is to strive in the cause of reforming
the social crisis.

We need to be really honest with ourselves.

The revolution hasn’t achieved any significant gain on the social equity level,
Unfortunately.

Therefore, we need to think altogether of what is the best way to solve this
embarrassing trouble.

Solving the social crisis in Egypt is even eminently prioritized over the
political concerns.

        In my opinion, the biggest barrier which intercepts improving the
inclusive education enrollment here in Egypt, is the lack of the comprehensive
social advocacy on the subject, along with the insignificant financial
contribution to the field.

  The topic is quite interesting I suppose.

And in order to solve this problem, we need to step forward on voicing the
message to the public.

I tell those who work in the media, instead of spending money and efforts to
feature guessts who demonstrate confrontational arguments on political
subjects, why not substituting that with a subject that matters for reforming
Egypt’s social crisis.

Wouldn’t that  be more beneficial?

I tell those who tend to verbally clash on the social networking websites,
isn’t more useful to think of solving Egypt social crisis?

That what I have got for the time being.

Thank you for reading, and have a pleasant time.