[jaws-uk] Re: Help with Word and pictures again.

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 12:33:05 +0100

Looks like Robin has had his nose to the grindstone, but
having seen the file, I suspect it was because it was saved
in such a way that when re-opened, the view was four A5
pages to the screen.  I re-saved it with just one page in
view, and have not heard back as yet. I'm hoping the silence
is good news.

It may be worth mentioning that a Word 2007 file is a quite
different animal.  Even if you have the Word 2007 add-on for
earlier versions of Word, images are not by default saved
inside the document.  They are stored outside.
Consequently, even if you us "Save As" and save as a Word
2003 file, images will not appear.  You have to go into a
convoluted "Prepare" process first.

George.