[jaws-uk] HELP WANTED

  • From: "Val" <val17@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Jaws-Uk@Freelists. Org" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 21:55:36 +0100

Can one of you 'Experts' explain to a mere computer user what exactly I
would need if I were to get Street Talk.

I know I need Pakmate (but why can't I use an off the shelf PDA instead of
having to spend mega bucks just because its for VI use, something called
Destinator (having looked at TotalGPS.Com I am 'blinded' by science as there
appear to be two or three Destinators (why, what are the differences and
which one would I need), a GPS Blue Tooth Receiver (which one, where do I
start) and a Blue Tooth Card (again which one and where do I start)?

I have stupidly wrongly installed Wayfinder on my memory card on my phone
and now can't seem to delete it or overwrite it.  Any suggestions?

Sorry if these queries are supposed to be 'off list' but I am so confused
about the whole navigation business.

Lastly, does Street Talk have a motorised function like Trekker?

Regards

Confused,  Birmingham