[jaws-uk] Re: Fw: Re: DbX files

  • From: "Georgina Joyce" <gena-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2007 21:05:33 -0000

Hi

How about this one?

http://people.freenet.de/ukrebs/dbxconv.html

HTH

Gena

Amateur Call: M 0 E B P

VOIP / IM: gena1959uk

Tel 01772 380039 Mobile: 07876 502276

-----Original Message-----
From: jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jaws-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Damon
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2007 5:31 PM
To: jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [jaws-uk] Re: Fw: Re: DbX files

it's more the hassle of paypal.

I found an application called Mail Navigator that is accessible and lets you
read .dbx files but it doesn't separate them all out into email. It allows
you dbx to interrogate your files individually so that you can go in and
retrieve the most important of information - in my case, details of my
flights to new york next week.

So you click on Mail Navigator, open up your file - inbox.dbx,
correspondence.dbx or whatever - and then tap in search terms. e.g.
continental airlines. You click on SEARCH then it will bring you the text of
emails with that search term in it. You can then save them as text files or
whatever your preference is from the drop down list.

Don't know if others are the same, but as a visually impaired person I am
extra wary of sites that ask for my credit card. Quite apart from the fact
that i might tap in the wrong thing in the wrong place, I'm particularly
aware that I might be giving away my credit card to a dodgy site. I think
it's sometimes less easy to work out if a site is legit if you can't see it.
Branding, design, feel, all help you decide if a site is kosher - and
screenreader users miss out on this.

Also, paying for something that might be inaccessible just rubs badly.

...Damon