[jaws-uk] Forms mode.

  • From: "Brian Dalton" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2013 01:48:14 -0000

Hi all,

I'm having a problem with a test website in work, and forms mode.

I can see that there is a combo box that I need to access and make a
selection from.

When i hit this, jaws automatically goes into forms mode, and I use the alt
and down arrow to open up the combo box, but jaws will not stay in forms
mode, and keeps coming out of the combo box.

I tried turning forms mode off in jaws, so i had to hit enter each time to
get into the combo box, but no joy.

Using jaws 14 and IE8.

I thought I remember a cure for this was to turn java script off, but I find
remember how to do this.

Would this cure my problem? Or is the site just poorly designed.

I have no problem with forms mode and combo boxes on most other pages.

Thanks, Brian.