[jaws-uk] Engineers mistake.

  • From: "dorothy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <User@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 15:57:47 +0100

I caught up with Tony Berry this morning he has other jobs on the go and was
out and about.  He said of course although I had downloaded Service Pack 2
etc it all had to come off along with XP Professional. then he said the
downloads alone including Service Pack 2 are over 70 of is it meg? any long
job, I still think we should made Viglen comeback they would have done.  I
could have spent the rest of my life trying to register Jaws Home 4.51. of
course it could not and  there is nothing wrong with the floppy of course.
You know a rebuild seems to involve a lot of work. So far Tony got  Jaws 7
on but could not make Lunar work. Well it should, Dolphin have said they
would give support on phone or off, I  think mind you I have no idea,but
think things need to go on in a certain order. Now I  have a little sight I
did pay attention to what the Engineer was doing. Asked him which hard drive
did you take  out by name and which put in and did spot he was looking at
the wrong  Printer details. that was my fault  as it was the Epson printer
up in loft, and I have a Laser HP jet. actually 1012 to be exact. I asked
questions in case it had been my fault the hardrive  died. Andrew said
Defrag was high risk. he said it cold  a corrupted file , he had made his
own computer he tried to put on Jaws. Second Engineer came as I did not like
the noisy new hardrive made. Now he did not notice  then he took out  new
Drive tried another and then put the  first back in said it was Ok  just
naturally noisy. It is I think vibration. Now I asked this Engineer
questions as well. He did not make his own computer he had had one for 2
years he said he had not ever done a Defrag he did explain about Indexes.  I
could never have  spotted their  Ps the wireless router is not in use at the
moment. I am having a job getting Emails out in one go it is saying
Freeserve 1 and Freeserve 2. I asked Tony on the phone why?  he had no idea.
I have to get the Email into the Outbox and then turn all off completely
start again and they get it out fast. All very odd.mist curious as I am and
try to follow what they are doing. Dorothy.
ake as I  would not have thought it could happen. I am only writing this to
say what can happen even if you are as watchful as possible and ask
questions.