[jaws-uk] DDDA Act

  • From: "Dorothy Ingram-Gorban" <dorothy.ingram-gorban@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 17:43:13 +0100

Hi, list, as some of you may know under the DDA Act manufacture goods are
excluded. Kevin once wrote to his MP asking they be covered, I think some
good while, I have tried to get the Act Amended  so that anti-virus be
covered, after all security  is vitally important,  there could be a clause
or small amendment, tables chairs and cars are all manufacture, let that be,
but not anti-virus. I have managed to get the NCC National Consumer to look
at it and they want to help  in fact I have sent Toby Hopwood's PDF to a
good few of you.
Amendments are made all the time in Laws, I have just had a row with a Bank
and closed an account down,  the staff were not properly trained, I had to
play certain numbers on my audio tape and make notes on it. the girl on the
line kept asking me "are you recording? I said I am recording parts since
I cannot see to make notes, she pulled the plug on me! I tried again and was
told "you have no right to record me unless you  tell me" by now being
cheesed off, I said kindly phone wilmslow the Data Protection commision and
ask them to explain to you Section 36,under heading Domestic. Now she
argued so I have shut the account and  demanded they be trained properly. I
am not going to tell you what section 36 of the data Protection Act is as I
hope you all know, but it is available to anyone in a Home Situation it is
in the form of an exemption. Now the DDA act could be amended in the same
way to cover anti-virus  Dorothy