[jaws-uk] Re: Creating new, and, transfering to, folders...

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:58:05 +0100

Angela
I'm not being pedantic, just offering a little help regarding the
terminology you use, as it may lead to some confusion as you get more into
working with your computer.

The subject line of your Email refers to 'Folders, yet when you mention
things like 'My Documents', you describe them as 'Menus'.  The list of the
contents of a folder you see on screen is actually called a 'List View',
which you can hear Jaws say when you first open it.  If you go into the 'My
Documents' folder and press the Alt key, Jaws will announce 'Menu Bar',
followed by 'File'.  This is because you are now on the 'File' menu and if
you press the right arrow key, you will move along the 'Menu Bar' and Jaws
will read out each 'Menu' you land on as you move across.  To open a menu,
press the down arrow and Jaws will read out the contents of the menu.  To
jump back into you 'List View' from the 'Menu Bar', press the Alt key again
and you will hear Jaws say 'Leaving Menu Bar' or 'Leaving Menus', depending
on where you were when Alt was pressed.

I hope you are not offended by me explaining things in this way, as you are
new to computers, I thought it might be helpful

Cheers

Chris