[jaws-uk] Re: Crackling on with eloquence

  • From: "Robin Clayden" <r.clayden@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jaws-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2005 08:43:35 -0000

Hi Tom,

I've got the Soundblaster Live, 1024 I think, and since I upgraded from
win '98 to XP on the home pc,  I've had a similar thing. My sound card
didn't work at all at the upgrade, nor with SP2, and I had to get help
to go find XP drivers on the net for this card. It's working, but
there's a little blip or a skip when jaws finishes what it's saying, but
I can live with it.

Have you tried going into device manager and checking if there's any
better drivers available for your card?

Cheers, Robin.